baslinux - Re: [BL] ISA pNp Modem Woes?

  • From: "David Lane" <Jaypooh3 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISA pNp Modem Woes?
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 12:48:12 -0400

Sindi,

It's been awhile but I believe that AT command is "connect only" at these
protocols and speeds.In other words,"use this protocol,connect at these
speeds only.For the string you wrote the speeds should prob be more like
42200,48800,56700,the smallest number I think would be no less less than
33600 if you even include that.The V.34 protocol speed range ended at
33.6.The next standard was V.42 then V.46 I think.Not all of these protocols
have anything to do with speed.I have a PDF file somewhere that explains it
I can try to find,but the point is this,there was a development cycle
underlying these commands and protocols and you can't always mix them.If you
try that string,please post the results,I'd be interested to know what you
get.

David Lane