baslinux - Re: [BL] New error message

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] New error message
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 07:16:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 5 May 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> ---------------------------------
> ln -s libc-2.1.3.so libc-2.1.2.so
> ---------------------------------
> There is no guarantee this will fix your problem. I'm not really
> sure why your software is falling over on this. I assume it is
> looking for libc-2.1.2.so -- what did it say in the error message?
> I'm just trying to give it what it's looking for.

I'll try linking the 2.1.3 library to 2.1.2 and try that, just in case
(and try the program without any other modifications to see if it changes
anything).

Sindi found me a website concerning the function call (gethostname_r IIRC)
that it is tripping up over. Inside the data on the function call, it
mentions a few other libraries. I'm going to make sure those libraries are
available.

It may turn out to be that the problem is in the fact that my BL box has
to go out through the ICS software on my Win machine. The function call
that is tripping up seems to have something to do with DNS and name lookup
resolusion. If the libraries being on the machine don't help, then I'll
try to add my ISPs DNS entries directly into BL (don't recall where now,
but have the networking books at home to verify). I put a message on the
newsplex help group, but as the group is moderated, it may be upwards of a
day or so for any responses to appear there for me.

I'll also cut and paste the full text of the error message once I get home
as well (convenient that the error can be duplicated exactly anytime I
want at the moment)

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org