baslinux - Re: [BL] New error message

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] New error message
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 21:50:54 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I did a google search on ldd and 'exited with signal 11'. A few other
> people got this message when they were trying to figure out where their
> programs would not work. Here are two examples, one of which says
> something about it not working with nfs.

I've got samba and netatalk installed as the only two nfs' I'm using right
now. Where I'm trying to execute newsplex from is on the command line of
the BL box itself. The driectory newsplex is in isn't even shared with any
of the nfs' I've got setup (don't share my home directory, only a special
shared directory under ~/). I'll look into the exited with signal 11 error
and see if maybe anyone has actually determined the reason for that error
message.

I may have to give up on this program under linux and just use it under
windows afterall (huge resource hog there though). Still got a day to hear
from the help lists, then email to author. Fingers crossed still.

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org