baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.2x and Xfree 3.3.2

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.2x and Xfree 3.3.2
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 14:53:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 2 May 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> James Miller wrote:
> >
> > it seems nothing wants to boot from the first HD partition.
>
> Maybe FDISK /MBR (from a DOS boot floppy) could help?

Tried that, both from the newly installed MSDOS (6.22) and from a DOS boot
floppy, but it didn't help. One wierd thing is that when I try sys c: I
get an error message to the effect that there's no room on the disk. I
know that's not true: there must be at least 30MB of free space on that
partition. I've got an old copy of Norton Utilities here I'll have to try
running on that drive next time I can take a crack at it.

> I am determined to keep BL3 small enough to fit on two 1.44mb
> floppies. It's currently at 2,875,393 bytes.

If only I had a working floppy in this laptop . . .

James