baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.2x and Xfree 3.3.2

  • From: "David Lane" <Jaypooh3 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.2x and Xfree 3.3.2
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 10:41:42 -0400

>It's interesting you mention that. When I boot BL3 directly
>(without using DOS/loadlin.exe), Xvesa seems to be faster and
>more responsive. I am beginning to think that booting from
>DOS (any DOS) is not good for Xvesa. I will probably be
>recommending that people do a HD install and boot with LILO.

Speaking as one VERY raw newbie,BL seems to do most anything better without
DOS,and I like DOS.Because I have no need for DOS on the same machine,maybe
I'm a little biased,but I'm not installing anything but Linux on the next
machine either.I've went about as far with the 386 as it will go and will do
a Pentium II next.I'll never be able to learn compiling if I don't.This is
quite a learning experience,and more than just a little fun.
David Lane