baslinux - Re: [BL] Shared library upgrades

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Shared library upgrades
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:41:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I have not run across any such problems with backwards incompatibility, as
> long as you don't change between libc5 and glibc (libc6).

Good, then I'll go ahead and upgrade glibcso. The only compiling I can
forsee in the future will be to get programs to work on my system anyway.
What programs do you know of that could even need libc6? This is actually
the first I've heard of it. What problems would arrise from upgrading to
libc6 over libc5? Would the kernel no longe work (unless compiled with
libc6)? I know that the libc was the big difference between BL1 and BL2,
which is why programs for one don't generally work on the other.

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org