baslinux - [BL] Shared library upgrades

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] Shared library upgrades
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 08:35:47 +0000 (UTC)

Ok, I've discovered that some of the programs I'm wanting to use on my
system require the glibc-2.3 libraries. My question is, what programs can
anyone think of that I will be required to keep the lower glibc libraries
for? I would've thought that the libraries were backwards compatible, but
Sindi had all sorts of problems with the older libraries IIRC. Or was it
just that the older libraries were desired for nothing more than compiling
programs for current BL users?

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org