baslinux - Re: [BL] Shared library upgrades

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Shared library upgrades
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 05:16:40 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Binaries that depend on libc5 will not work when libc5 is
> not present. Ditto binaries that depend on glibc2 (libc6).

Is it possible to have both libc5 and glibc2 on the same system (similar
to how in the VBRUN?00.dll days you could have all the needed installed
for all the proper support)? Or would there be too many conflicts for
this? I haven't found an issue where I needed glibc2 as of yet, and
hopefully I won't, but just in case, it'd be nice to know aforehand.

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org