baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 and ratpoison

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 and ratpoison
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 18:03:58 +1200

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I was looking at X in BL3 again and I think I could
> switch between all the programs if they were in centered
> rxvt's, so I will work on changing the location of them.

Just remove the geometry parameter entirely.

> How would I specify an rxvt to be centered, or is it
> different for each resolution?

If you want them dead centre in the middle of the screen,
that will vary according to the resolution. But, if you
want them all in the upper left corner, that's easy.

> I don't want to use a mouse and alt-tab won't work if the
> focus is not on the rxvt, which it cannot be for all the
> rxvts when they do not overlap.

In that case, you might as well make your rxvts full-screen.
The geometry for that will vary according to resolution, so
perhaps you want to make them full-screen for your lowest
resolution (640x480?) and let them be less than full-screen
at higher resolutions.