baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 and ratpoison

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 and ratpoison
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:53:17 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> I think you just replace "30k" in Steven's example
> with the size (in MB's) you want the file to be. I
> guess it could be 100k, 200k, 500k up to, I think, a
> 2GB (2000k) limit. Is that right Steven?

For a 100kb filesystem (or larger) I would recommend
a proper Linux partition on the HD.

> All that would remain at that point, so far as I know, would
> be to run the BL2 install routine

The BL2 install routine won't work for BL3. It requires
Slackware packages on /cd.

> Any corrections to offer to this scheme for installing BL2
> to a looped file like BL3 has, anyone (Steven)?

It really doesn't make much difference whether you are installing
to HD or to loop. Both can be mounted on /hd and the installation
script will transfer the filesystem there.