baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 and ratpoison

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 and ratpoison
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:33:01 -0400 (EDT)

I am telnetted here now in an rxvt using ratpoison. THere is NO CURSOR!
(drat it). I should probably have put exec rxvt not just rxvt in my
script for x-terminal-emulator. Text is a very pale pink on black as
default.

The text where the cursor should be is white, which does not show up well
against pale pink.

C-t,c to make a new console, C-t,n (n = number of the console) to
switch. I typed C-t,s to split the screen horizonatlly and then switched
back and forth between top and bottom screens.

No xinit needed:
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xvesa -screen 800x600x15 &rxvt -e ratpoison

this gives an rxvt without a prompt.
To get a prompt, type C-t,c to create a console and then use any programs
you like. There is also a menu which may be included in this package, and
lotsof documentation and examples (about 200K total files) > You can try
it yourself:

> http://www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/ratpoison-100-deb.tgz
>
> 53K executable and some documentation and examples
>
> I did not read the documentation but when it told me it could not find
> x-terminal-emulator and therefore could not make me an xterminal emulator,
> I made a script called x-terminal-emulator in /usr/sbin with the one line
> rxvt
> (no /bin/sh needed)

exec rxvt might work better