baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 and ratpoison

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 and ratpoison
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 01:13:29 -0400 (EDT)

> > BL3
> > swm - 684K - it is definitely minimal!
> > sh - 252K
>
> I think you'll find that rxvt is smaller in BL3 as well.
> I compiled a special slim version.

In BL3 I can use lynx (2.8.1 from SW4.0) in the rxvt with swm. In BL2 I
cannot use lynx (2.8.5 which I compiled) in an rxvt with ratpoison, only
in an xterm. With rxvt it complains of no xterm and refuses to load.
Why might this be? Did you compile BL3 rxvt to work better than the fat
version in SW71?

I was looking at X in BL3 again and I think I could switch between all the
programs if they were in centered rxvt's, so I will work on changing the
location of them. How would I specify an rxvt to be centered, or is it
different for each resolution?

I know most people would not want the calculator to be on top of the menu
but I don't want to use a mouse and alt-tab won't work if the focus is not
on the rxvt, which it cannot be for all the rxvts when they do not
overlap. (I am trying to make swm act like ratpoison).