baslinux - Re: [BL] transfer basiclinux 3.02 to HD

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] transfer basiclinux 3.02 to HD
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:21:39 +1200

Gavin & Sue Conaghty wrote:

> I have a linux partition /dev/hda2 ~ 4G
> and a DOS 6.22 partition on /dev/hda1 ~ 32MB
> but cant find any instructions to setup onto the HD.

Why exactly do you want to put BL3 on a separate HD partition?

Do you want to use that entire 4gb partition for BL3?

How much RAM do you have on that system?

Are you currently booting BL3 from the DOS partition
on that system?

> Does someone know how to transfer basiclinux from ramdisk

BL3 actually runs from the DOS partition, not from a ramdisk
(although a tiny ramdisk is used to get BL3 up and running).

> to running off HD

I will be happy to help, once I have some more information
about your needs.