baslinux - Re: [BL] transfer basiclinux 3.02 to HD

  • From: "Gavin & Sue Conaghty" <gcsc AT nella.net.au>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] transfer basiclinux 3.02 to HD
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:14:06 +1000

>>Gavin & Sue Conaghty wrote:
>
> I have a linux partition /dev/hda2 ~ 4G
> and a DOS 6.22 partition on /dev/hda1 ~ 32MB
> but cant find any instructions to setup onto the HD.

>Why exactly do you want to put BL3 on a separate HD partition?

don't I have to do this to save settings, add modules, install programs...?

>Do you want to use that entire 4gb partition for BL3?

yes. I wanted to start with basiclinux and build up a small configured from
there.

>How much RAM do you have on that system?

64MB and a 120Mhz P1

>Are you currently booting BL3 from the DOS partition
>on that system?

yes. DOS on hda1 32MB and an empty 4G ext2 on hda2

> Does someone know how to transfer basiclinux from ramdisk

>BL3 actually runs from the DOS partition, not from a ramdisk
>(although a tiny ramdisk is used to get BL3 up and running).

> to running off HD

>I will be happy to help, once I have some more information
>about your needs.

were hoping to boot basiclinux without having to boot dos first.

>Cheers,
>Steven

thanks Steven, James and all
Gavin.