baslinux - Re: [BL] transfer basiclinux 3.02 to HD

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] transfer basiclinux 3.02 to HD
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:36:38 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> There isn't a set routine for doing this yet: I think
> maybe that's Steven's next development phase.

It is not difficult to write a script for this, but first
I need to get a clearer idea of what the purpose is. With
BL1 and BL2 there was a clear need to move from ramdisk to
HD in order to get more space and a persistent filesystem.
However, BL3 already has a persistent filesystem with plenty
of space (70% of the BL3 filesystem is empty).

> Not for newbies

Installing BasicLinux to HD has never been for newbies
because it involves creating/formatting a HD partition.
One of the reasons I used a loop device for BL3 was to
avoid the need for this.