baslinux - [BL] DVD

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] DVD
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:59:26 -0500 (EST)

Will basiclinux (maybe with bare.i) read DVDs and write CDs?

We were given a dead Compaq with DVD and CD-RW drive and replaced the
motherboard with a working PII 233 (Gateway). We were unable to
find the correct Win98 DVD driver for the DVD drive. I have DOS
CD-burner software but don't know how to read DVDs with DOS - is that
possible?

Now a friend got out a library book with the latest Redhat on DVD and
would like to make CDs from it and we offered to help.

We have one 6G drive that we can put into this computer.

Sindi Keesan