baslinux - Re: [BL] lynx 2.8.5

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] lynx 2.8.5
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:59:08 -0500 (EST)

www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/lynx-285-static-bl2.tgz

Steven, or anyone else, could you please make sure this is working
properly on a minimum BL2 installation before I ask James to post it?
I will send him a copy of the script used to compile with, to show what
options were included.

compiled statically with ncurses, zlib, and openssl
with ssl
without gpm mouse support
executable is upx-ed to make it smaller

Includes man, doc, and help files, lynx.lss (used to set text attributes),
and cert.pem (file of accepted certificates).

lynx.cfg was modified (see the end) for use with antiword, pdftotext, w3m,
links, and zgv as viewers or downloaders, and to use hotlist.html as the
start page and show all images as links.

lynx.lss was not unmodified but I suggest adding a line for u (underline)

I gzipped the cert.pem file that I got from Doug Kaufman (insecure
download). To use it gunzip into the same directory. Or use openssl to
create your own from a netscape or ie certificate file. If you do none of
the above, lynx will ask you to approve of every certificate it
encounters.