baslinux - Re: [BL] floppy drive cannot read linux disks

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] floppy drive cannot read linux disks
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:38:26 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I tried to remake bothdisks but it copied
> something to disk2 and told me disk full.
> I had deleted all previous files

Deleted or formatted? Delete does not necessarily
remove all files on the floppy.

> This time it seemed to copy all the files but when
> I tried to boot from these disks it told me for
> disk 2: Data error reading A.

Are you copying on one machine and trying to read from
another? It is not unusual for the floppy drives on
two machines to be out of alignment with each other.

> This time it also told me disk full

If this happens again, make a note of all the files
(and sizes) on the first floppy *and* in the HD
directory where you are running make_fd.bat.

> Do I have two computers that will not let me write
> to floppy disks with linux?

It has nothing to do with Linux. make_fd.bat is a
DOS batch file.