baslinux - Re: [BL] shift over and back

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] shift over and back
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:25:57

On 24 Jan 04 at 8:41, keesan AT iamjlamb.com wrote:

>Have you compiled a dosemu that would work for BL2 and if so could someone
>post it for the rest of us to try? Dekuji.

Hi Sindi,

if the only problem were how to compile, I would of course be ready
to upload my binaries. But dosemu is quite complicated to set
up, eg. you have to decide where to place dosemu files into your
directory tree, to what kind of DOS you want to boot...

I would also doubt that pure BL2 (RAM version) will be enough to run
dosemu, but I may be wrong here. BTW: is it desireable to run BL on a
RAM drive from a DOS machine and start DOS programs from that Linux
version? Or did I misunderstand you?

I am now about to learn about differences of the new version, the new
philosophy of keyboard management, etc. May be I end up with
something that I can share with others. For the time being I just
wanted to announce that it is possible to do it with Slw 7.1. It was
unfortunately not possible with Slw 3.5.

Zdravím, Christof Lange

Českobratrská církev evangelická - Betlémská kaple na Žižkově
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov