baslinux - Re: [BL] shift over and back

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] shift over and back
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:54:55 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> Hi Ron,
>
> -12 degrees in Prague this morning.

That translates to about 10 degrees Fahrenheit. It was about that here
too, if not colder, but we are more prepared for it than Prague, I think.

> On 21 Jan 04 at 12:09, baslinux-request AT lists.ibibl wrote:

I tried dosemu without any X. Will graphical DOS programs run under X?
If so, how? Would Xvesa cooperate with dosemu?

> In order to get prepared for dosemu you should install the
> tgz packets necessary for X window GUI and for the c compiler.
> There are precise instructions on the BL site.

We installed a precompiled version of dosemu that required downloading two
binary files. I don't recall if it was an older version but it appears to
work (in console mode, anyway).