baslinux - Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:18:02 -0500 (EST)

> You also need devs.tgz. And you probably need to add
> the following to the loadlin line in BOOT.BAT:
> -------------
> devfs=nomount
> -------------

I installed xxfbd.tgz and devs.tgz and I added this line to the end of the
batch file used to boot with bzimage (bare.i). I then typed (with CAPITAL
X) James' line (with a different screen size and color depth)

Xvesa -mouse /dev/psaux,5 -screen 1024x768x16 -shadow -nolisten tcp -I
&>/dev/null
[all on one line]

I got the grey patterned screen that usually comes on before the colored
one arrives using the other system for loading X, with a little x in the
middle that moves around when I move the PS/2 mouse, but no colors and no
xterm.

Does Xvesa use .xinitrc and if not how do I load icewm and the keyboard
corrections for backspace and delete keys? I tried just adding icewm to
this line with no luck.

sindi keesan