baslinux - Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 23:16:59 -0500 (EST)

Thanks, I will try this tomorrow (maybe with 16 instead of 32). I forget
what Steven said I had to add somewhere first but will look that up. I
should keep a notebook instead of 117 messages. I think I need bare.i to
get framebuffer support but there was something else I also had to do.
(I have the excuse of 'chemo-brain' this week - not getting much sleep for
a few days after chemotherapy on Monday.)

I will also test out printing as user (without the final / in printcap)
and keep working on lynx285 with ssl (Doug Kaufman will try to figure out
where the openssl library really is if not in /usr/lib if I send him a few
files.)

The linmodem project is on hold. Our only PCI linmodem (Lucent) has some
PCI resource conflict with the computer and won't even work in Windows
(cannot open port). I got Realaudio working in Windows with an ISA
winmodem on another computer instead, at 28K. Good enough to understand
Bulgarian. But I am still curious if any linmodems have been made to
work with BL2 as a friend keeps giving us dead computers that were donated
to charity and they tend to have modems in them.