baslinux - Re: [BL] video cards

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] video cards
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:16:01 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> One of them (the faster) has been giving us odd error messages when we do
> a 'find' with the CD-ROM drive mounted:
> hda: status timeout: status - 0xd0 {Busy}
> hda: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
> ide0: unexpected interrupt, status = 0x80, count 1
> 6ide0: reset: success
>
> I hit the enter key to get back the prompt.
> What does this all mean? Is something wrong with the CD-ROM drive?
> It copies/plays CDs okay.

Is hda the CD drive? Sort of an odd setup, if it is (primary master IDE
device being a CD). Usually a hard drive is the primary master. Here's a
possibility: hda is a hard drive, and the CD drive is the slave on the
same channel (hdb). Your hard drive is going bad, so it's giving you
error messages. This causes the CD slaved on the same IDE channel to have
problems as well. Does that sound like a possibility?

James