baslinux - Re: [BL] photo editing with linux

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] photo editing with linux
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:30:42 -0500 (EST)

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > What programs work well with BL2 for modifying image files?
>
> /slakware/xap1/xv.tgz

We installed the package (no dependencies) and it works beautifully and
quickly and also provides a way to attach text commentary to files. The
jpegs it produces also look better than those from xpaint. Thanks.
I might also try using XV to view pdf files if I can find some way to
convert them to ps first, such as the pdftops that I have for DOS. That
would obviate the need to learn to print pdf files. Where do I look for a
pdftops convertor in SW71?