baslinux - [BL] RPM Packages

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] RPM Packages
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:42:14 +0000 (UTC)

I've done a search through the archives and found two threads mentioning
RPM packages. One was in reference to using disrpm to essentialy extract
all the files and paths out of the RPM (I'm assuming at least). The other
was very recently in mentioning the useage of rpm2tgz and getting
extremely incorrect filesizes. I've tried both options now. I know, RPM
sucks big time. Unfortunately, it's the only method I have available of
using the package I have. The package is a driver for a piece of hardware
in my BL system and no other package option is available. Neither option
seems to work. I even tried installing the rpm.tgz package and using it to
just see what's in the package, but it says it's only useable with
packages with a version number <= 3. I'm guessing the package I have is
greater than 3. Is there any other option for extracting the data in an
RPM package?

matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org