baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA network and modem ERROR messages

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA network and modem ERROR messages
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:40:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, HenRi KiRya wrote:

> i have found some driver modules for the card (fethcb_c.o)
> one was written for the 2.2.14-5.0 kernel ( redhat 6.2)
> the other for 2.2.16-22 ( redhat 7.0)
>
> i still get kernel version mismatch errors
> when i insmod fethcb_c.o -f
> unresolved symbol register drive
>
> is it possible to find where could i fing the above mentioned kernels in a
> format tht is useable in
> baslinux ?
> i tried to find one from the redhat site and it was in the .rpm format

I have a hard disk laying around where I believe I still have RH 6.2
installed with the stock kernel. I could take a look and perhaps email it
to you as an attachment, if that would help. Not sure about where you
could find it, or the RH 7.0 kernel on the 'net, though.

> and Steven ive tried to insmod the rtl8139.o from slackware 7.1
> win no success

Could you say more about what "no success" means? Do you get some error
message when you try to insmod this module? If so, what is it? What are
any other symptoms that lead you to conclude that you've had "no success"
insmod'ing the rtl8139.o module?

James