baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA network and modem ERROR messages

  • From: "HenRi KiRya" <henry AT cmf.co.ug>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA network and modem ERROR messages
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:33:00 +0400

I need to use a realtek cardbus pcmcia net card ( cnf401 fast ehternet
cardbus adaptor)
its not included in the pcmcia.tgz package from slackware
the card came with an rtl8139.c file
what would be the best way forward
- seek to comile a driver on basic linux ( wouldnt that require kernel
source files ?)
- plug in another higher kernel ( wouldnt that raise other issues of
dependancies and libraries?)

Thanks
H.Kirya