baslinux - Re: [BL] Home network with a twisted pair

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Home network with a twisted pair
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 18:30:14 +0000

James Miller wrote:

> I've tried to start by mounting my gateway via nfs
> on my BL2 machine. I get the same error
> I'm guessing maybe I don't have a hosts file or something
> configured correctly, or maybe nfs has some security hurdles

A client system will be allowed to access the NFS server
only if it has permission. This is determined by two
files (on the server): /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/exports

/etc/hosts.allow
ALL: 192.168.1.5

/etc/exports
/ 192.168.1.5(ro)

The 192.168.1.5 is just an example. Substitute the actual
address of your client. For further information on how
those files work, see 'man exports' and 'man 5 hosts_access'