baslinux - Re: [BL] Home network with a twisted pair

  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant AT indo.net.id>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Home network with a twisted pair
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 19:23:21 +0700

>Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
>>
>> I have called my home network constant.net
>> The P100 is called p100 and the Pentium II is called
>bigone.

>> the ifconfig -a for the BL2 box has this info:
>>
>> eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:BA:C0:2F:90
>> BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
>> RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
>frame:0
>> TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
>carrier:0
>> collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
>> RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 iB)
>> Interrupt:9 Base address:0x320

>Something funny here. Is there a line missing?
>No inet addr. No Bcast. No Mask.

That is right. This was as it came. No automaticall setting
after I did ifconfig eth0. Do not know why ;-).

Problem at the P100 solved. Put the address of the p100 in
the the rc.init1. After that it is recognised.
Right now a perfect communication is available. Pinging
works like a charm. I can even connect to my SuSe box with
mount bigone:/ /bigone after making a directory bigone.
So far I am happy. Today more results than in a long time
;-).
Problems remain. I can look with midnight commander in the
SuSe directories but....
1) My home directory and the directory of DrDos have no
content.
2)And I cannot go from the SuSe computer to my BL2
computer.

>From the SuSe list I found out that in the export file on
that computer the directories which are not on the harddisk
with the allowed / (root) a separate inclusion has to be
made. Does not work yet but it is a work in progress.

And when I tell the BL2 box to mount bigone without comment
I get the info that it is not found on the fstab/mtab.
In the fstab I have though the input:
bigone:/ /bigone nfs defaults 0 0
What is wrong with that?

Connecting from the SuSe box is also something not solved
yet. If I try to mount it with mount p100:/ /mnt it give me
following info:
mount: RPC : Port mapper failure - RPC unable to receive.
Has that to be repaired on the BL2 box or is that Suse who
does not want to cooperate?

--

NTReader v0.36w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.