baslinux - Re: [BL] Home network with a twisted pair

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Home network with a twisted pair
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 23:46:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 May 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> NFS is probably the most convenient. It enables you to
> mount a remote server on your directory tree and copy/
> save/delete/execute just like an ordinary sub-directory.
> No dedicated client is required. The mount command in
> BasicLinux is able to do this. All you need is an NFS
> server running on the remote system. It is part of the
> tcpip1.tgz package (n6).

I've tried to start by mounting my gateway via nfs on my BL2 machine. I
get the same error Constant was getting, but I know nfs is running on the
gateway (much newer and faster machine with a new Debian variant with the
works on it). I'm guessing maybe I don't have a hosts file or something
configured correctly, or maybe nfs has some security hurdles that need to
be lowered. I should start by asking how nfs connects a network address
with the name that appears in fstab? Any other hints (e.g., is there an
nfs config file?) on troubleshooting the problem would be appreciated.

James