baslinux - Re: [BL] ftp problem

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ftp problem
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:23:56 +0000

russ loroville wrote:

> I am using a telnet service to get e-mail. I have been able
> to use "ftp" to download my saved-messages folder. BL has
> no ftp program. Is there any way I can download this saved-
> messages folder with BL?

There are several different ways that this could be done:
(1) BL2 has wget. If your saved-message folder has a URL,
' you can fetch it with wget.
(2) You might be able to use links to download the folder.
' I don't know if it will help, but it is possible to use
' telnet from inside links.
(3) BL1 has ftp. In this case, BL1 might be more useful to
' you than BL2.
(4) If you have installed BL2 to HD, you can add ftp from
' Slackware 7.1. It's in the tcpip1 (a6) package.

Please report back on how things go (both positive and
negative). It could be useful for somebody else.