baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and sound

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and sound
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:53:57 +0000

Ron Clarke wrote:

> Has anyone got BL2 toplay music, and if so, what will I need.
> I already have the bare-1 kernel, and I did try to install
> JP's sons.tgz, but it didn't seem to connect to anything.
> Did I miss something ?

I don't have a sound card on this system, so I'm not
speaking from experience. However, I think you need
to install the sound module to give the bare.i kernel
sound ability. You will find it in Slackware 7.1 in:
--------------------
/modules/2.2.16/misc
In BL2, put the module in /lib/modules/2.2.16/misc
Then do the following:
insmod sound trace_init=1
The trace parameter should give you some output to show
that your sound card is detected. Then, perhaps, JP's
program will work.