baslinux - [BL] browser for 8M RAM and hotmail

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] browser for 8M RAM and hotmail
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:34:18 -0400 (EDT)

The owner of the Thinkpad 486 33MHz with 8M RAM asks if there is some
browser that he can use to access hotmail with this computer.

It needs javascript - Lynx won't work.
I tried Links 2.1.9 - when I enter the email address it asks me to enter
the email address.

He has set up browser_test AT hotmail.com
password cyberspace 1

in case anyone wants to try out their favorite linux javascript browser.
I will try Opera 6.03 for him.

I suggested that he tell everyone who writes him there to use some other
address. Even Yahoo works with most browsers (I think not with Arachne)
unless they have changed something recently.