baslinux - Re: [BL] Pine and BL2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Pine and BL2
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:47:49 -0400 (EDT)

> Pine installed on the local machine will handle URL's: you just have to
> specify which URL handler it should use (in its "configuration" screen)
> and tell it to highlight selectable items in the email body. It offers
> you a sort of multiple choice menu for its configuration.

James

Someone at my bbs steered me to a 10 page list of changes between Pine
3.96 and 4.00. Pine 4.00 will render HTML mail using your favorite
browser (so you don't need to export it to your home directory, add html
tags, and read with Lynx) including URLs. With Pine 3.96 also you need to
do a V for View and arrow up or down to the text portion of AOL mail
(which sends text and HTML). I will strongly urge the bbs to upgrade.
Thanks for the info.