baslinux - Re: [BL] bash basics

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bash basics
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:45:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:

> >On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
>
> >Nice to run across someone using Nettamer (registered).
>
> Still my favorite emailprogram, fast and simple and in daily use ;-)

Have you tried Netmail? It is by the same author and is designed for
automated mail sending but you can use it manually. It is even simpler
and faster. You can find it at his site (if you use some browser other
than Lynx - his html has problems - or maybe hit ' to see things).

> It takes up 10 minutes and depends on how often I mount the
> cdrom ;-)
> Well, I did not clean it up myself but let it do.
> They did when I was there. The lens was cleaned, the parts
> where slightly lubricated and they srewed ;-) around with an
> adjusting srew on the lens fitting. In Dos I have the same
> startup problems but if I do not let the cdrom cool of I can
> start the cdrom without a hitch.
> I can live with the problem, would only like to automate the
> 10 minutes mounting/ warming up.

I am sorry you do not live closer so we could give you a better working
CD-ROM drive. We keep finding them here in computers left with the trash.
People are replacing them with CD writers and DVD players. Does your
computer repair store not have any used drives? Do you want to pay the
postage for one of ours? I don't like buying new equipment either, out of
principle. A used drive there might be cheaper than the postage for ours.