baslinux - Re: [BL] bash basics

  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant AT indo.net.id>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bash basics
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:18:45 +0700

>On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:

>> >On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Constant Brouerius van Nidek
>wrote:
>>
>> >Nice to run across someone using Nettamer
>(registered).
>>
>> Still my favorite emailprogram, fast and simple and in
>daily use ;-)

>Have you tried Netmail? It is by the same author and is
>designed for
>automated mail sending but you can use it manually. It
>is even simpler
>and faster. You can find it at his site (if you use some
>browser other
>than Lynx - his html has problems - or maybe hit ' to see
>things).

Netmail is running on my XT for the daily email of my wife.

>> It takes up 10 minutes and depends on how often I mount

>I am sorry you do not live closer so we could give you a
>better working
>CD-ROM drive. We keep finding them here in computers
>left with the trash.
>People are replacing them with CD writers and DVD players
>. Does your
>computer repair store not have any used drives? Do you
>want to pay the
>postage for one of ours? I don't like buying new
>equipment either, out of
>principle. A used drive there might be cheaper than the
>postage for ours.

Thanks for the offer but my experience with postal services
tells me that the cost would be prohibitive and apart from
that, as long as the drive works I will try to keep it in
this computer ;-)
I am on the lookout for a better cdrom but changes to find
them here are slim although there are a lot of obsolete
computers around here that are not in use because they can
not run the latest program of Bill.
And with the help of Steve's bash file the warming up is
only one command away ;-)

--

NTReader v0.36w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.