baslinux - [BL] bash basics

  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant AT indo.net.id>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] bash basics
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:23:19 +0700

For my P100 computer running BL2 I want to make a file
which would automate an operation.
I have looked into the man page for bash but would say that
it was not of great help for the simple task I had in mind.

I would say that I could do it more or less in Dos but I
not (yet) in Linux.

Could somebody help me ?

The problem is my cdrom. It is already older and only
functions after mounting it many many times. My friendly
computer shop calls it warming up ;-).
What I do right now is mounting /cdrom until it finally
reads the cd. After the warming up period the cdrom works
perfect for the rest of the session.

In the bash file I would like to loop the mount command
until the cdrom is working.

--

NTReader v0.36w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.