baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: ratpoison and other small windowmanager

  • From: ichi AT aggies.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: ratpoison and other small windowmanager
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:04:24 +0000

sindi keesan wrote:

> I can get into preferences and make changes, but
> I cannot find any way to save them.

Are you using a wm for this or not?

> I exit preferences with Esc and nothing has changed.
> How do you save your choices in Net 3?

At the bottom of the window are three buttons.
I click on the OK button. Pressing Esc exits
without saving or restores default values
(depending on where I am when I press it).

> What control over the windows do you want? I just made
> them all go away (with the mouse).

How did you make the windows "go away" with your mouse?
I'm pretty sure you need a wm to do that.

> > syslogd, klogd
> Are they creating log files that I could delete?

Oh, yes. Depending on how long you've been using SuSE,
/var/log/messages could be quite big. Although, SuSE
may have put something in a startup file to truncate the
older messages.