baslinux - Re: [BL] Looping device problems

  • From: ichi AT aggies.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Looping device problems
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:41:20 +0000

The C Zone Networks wrote:

> I'm trying to mount a looping device in BasicLinux and
> when I go to insmod loop

If you execute:
-----------
insmod loop
-----------
It should say: Using /lib/modules/2.2.16/misc/loop.o

> it tells me that it can't find the 7th looping device
> or something like that.

You will need to copy your input and the resultant
error message exactly. I have never seen a reference
to the 7th looping device. BasicLinux provides five
loop devices (loop0 - loop4).

> When I try to mount it without insmod loop, it tells
> me it doesn't know the fs type and looping isn't supported.

You definitely need to insmod loop first. That is
the only way the kernel will support it.