b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] מבדיל בעדי

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Barry <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: Mike Burke <michaelgburk AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] מבדיל בעדי
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 00:50:24 -0400

On 5/20/2013 2:40 PM, Mike Burke wrote:
I have a father who suffered a stroke, I take care of him the way I took
care of mom now, and I told him I'd take care of him here in this house
as long as we're both alive.

Since I left him alone to pick up a van we had at the mechanics, and he
got his leg stuck in the side rail of the bed, had a bad dream, and
started banging on the window, I've been under contract with the state,
and I can't leave him alone for any reason unless someone can sit with
him (and the only one who does is a respite worker who works for the
state, and comes about once or twice a week), so it's a little difficult
for me to get out and make friends who actually speak Hebrew (or even
get up across the state line, to the only good bookstore I know, where
I'd be spending his money, because I have zero income.)

So I thank you for your advise, but I'm doing the best I can on this
computer, some forums, and a couple of mailing lists.

Mike, you can do a lot with your computer, these days. I found this website:

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/

Not sure of the quality of the materials, but the price is right!

Here's another one which I think has both a free and a tuition option:

http://eteacherbiblical.com/

You can BDB through e-sword, keyed to Strong's concordance numbers.

http://www.e-sword.net/

Ignore the Strong's concordance definitions and stick with BDB.

It only took me a matter of seconds to find these resources, and a few more minutes to type this email... You can do the same with your own studies.

--
N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Semper melius Latine sonat