b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] מבדיל בעדי

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Mike Burke <michaelgburk AT yahoo.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] מבדיל בעדי
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 09:05:33 -0700 (PDT)

Would an electronic search of Hamlet turn up every possible phrase in which every word Shakespeare used in Hamlet could properly be used in Elizabethan English (or which he himself used in his collected works)?

You keep asking me for context, so I gave you a hypothetical one.

Is the following sentence entirely unintelligible?

מבדיל בעדי גויים

Can anyone tell me what בעדי would in this hypothetical context?

Thank you.

Michael Gerard Burke