b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 answering quotes

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 answering quotes
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:18:54 +0200

Dear Kenneth,

I'm not claiming that statistics make a proof. They are guides; they show
the main lines.... but exceptions exist, of course.

In cases like this one of Ps 22:25 it is good to compare with LXX (do you
know Greek?) or with the Latin Vulgate, for instance, in order to verify how
ancient translators understood a given text (word, sentence...). This can be
often (not always) helpful.

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)