b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 answering quotes

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 answering quotes
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 16:07:06 +0000

Psalm 22:22 seems to say "...You answered me", but most translations say
"answer me" with the command form. Psalm 22:25 says "You did not hate the
affliction (afflicting?) an afflicted one", but it could say "You did not
hate answering an afflicted one". It sounds like G-d answered the cry of the
person in the from Psalm 22:2-3, but the translations make it sound like he
was not answered. Am I misunderstanding the psalm?

Kenneth Greifer

"Real intellectuals can discuss any subject, but pseudo-intellectual snobs
only discuss things they agree with." (I noticed many b-hebrew members have
little sayings under their names, so I came up with this one. I wonder if
that is allowed or do you have to quote someone else?)