b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] verb form choice

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] verb form choice
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 10:48:42 -0600

Hello Isaac:

Thanks for your comments.

Perhaps a further example, will illustrate my lack of understanding of your
point.

In genesis 6:13, we have participle בא vocalized as "bah."

In deuteronomy 1:28, we have participle (plus prefixed conjunction) ורם
vocalized as "vah-ram."

Are you saying, that "vah-ram" should properly be vocalized "bah-ram?" Or
that that the original pronunciation of "vah-ram" was "bah-ram?"

Because "bah" on one hand; and "vah" or "wah" on
the other, sound significantly different to me.
regards,

fred burlingame