b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] verb form choice

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] verb form choice
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:33:11 -0500

1. Grammaticalization made the language ever more formal and rigid, yet, WA-YI-$LAX essentially means (it come to pass that)-(he)-(send).
2, "qatal' is just short for he-qatal-him, the past being the "natural" tense for an act.
3. I don't give a hoot for the opinion of "mainstream" educators, book sellers and academics. They are to me the ox snugly following the rut.
4. The letter B is the root of BA, 'come, be, exist, have substance'.

Isaac Fried, Boston University