b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Tools for learning Ancient Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Michael" <michaelabernat9001 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Tools for learning Ancient Hebrew
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:35:12 -0600

Concerning modern Hebrew. I did find the study of modern Hebrew to be
somewhat helpful. But that was mostly because I had an absolutely horrible
class in Biblical Hebrew while attending college. The textbook included less
than 100 vocabulary words and our Hebrew teacher wasn't even aware that the
word syntax applied to the Hebrew language.
You can find some good Hebrew vocabulary books on google books and concordia
University has two courses available on Itunes--their basic Hebrew class and
Hebrew club. I think you will find them helpful.
Mostly I would suggest you spend a lot of time translating the word.
Memorize every word you don't already know and take the time to memorize any
phrases that strike you as unusual.
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy