b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tools For Learning Ancient Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tools For Learning Ancient Hebrew
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 20:29:47 +0000

On Randall's site you might want to look under Courses->Living Biblical
Hebrew Demo to get a quick idea of what his course materials are like.
There's a quick demo there. I haven't tried the course myself so can't
comment but in principle it sounds OK.

I don't know of any particularly good Hebrew course books. I don't think
I've liked any that I've seen or used. Probably because I have issues with
the whole approach grammatically driven courses are based on. At Uni we were
fed the Davidson grammar.

James Christian