b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Is the Massoretic text reliable?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Petr Tomasek <tomasek AT etf.cuni.cz>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Is the Massoretic text reliable?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:27:45 +0200

Offlist I was asked:

wasn't the Septuagint written with LORD where the yhwh was

Onlist, for the benefit of those who also may have this same
misunderstanding and while preserving the anonymity of the original
enquirere, I reply:

No! The oldest fragments of the LXX show that the tetragammaton was
preserved. Does anybody have a link to photographs of the relevant
fragments?

James Christian