b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Is the Massoretic text reliable?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Is the Massoretic text reliable?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:23:42 -0800

James:

I would like to see the details before making a decision. The first one
sounds plausible. Is there any evidence from other MSS to back it up?
Anything from the DSS?

As for the anthropomorphisms of God, I don’t know of anyone who considered
them to be a description of physical attributes. Therefore they didn’t cause
a problem.

Karl W. Randolph.