b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:36:59 +0200

John,

I know this was addressed to Isaac Fried. I just wanted to let you
know that this word definitely exists. It is listed in Davidson's
/Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon/.

It only appears once, apparently, and it's got a suffixed pronoun.
Here is the reference:

Hosea 7:4
כֻּלָּם מְנָאֲפִים כְּמוֹ תַנּוּר בֹּעֵרָה מֵאֹפֶה יִשְׁבּוֹת מֵעִיר
מִלּוּשׁ בָּצֵק עַד-חֻמְצָתוֹ׃
KLM MN)PYM KMW TNWR B(RH M)PH Y$BWT M(YR MLW$ BCQ (D-XMCTW

As was already pointed out, there is nothing strange about this word
in the least.

Regards,
Jason Hare
Rehovot, Israel